UK-based Flutter Entertainment —owner of FanDuel, Ladbrokes, Betfair, Paddy Power, PokerStars— announced Thursday the launch of its new safer gambling strategy, in which it will switch focus from intervening when problems arise to preventing them from happening at all.
Launching the new strategy, Flutter’s CEO, Conor Grant described it as a “refresh and comprehensive” safer gambling method for the UK and Ireland.
“Quite simply, our mission is to make every moment safe for our customers. Our strategy is based on shifting our approach to focus much more on the best methods of prevention and not to focus purely on intervention,” Grant stated.
The strategy is divided into five core pillars:
- Discover – Proactively advance the industry’s understanding of gambling harm.
- Educate – Improve all customers’ and colleagues’ understanding of gambling harm.
- Empower – Give every customer the tools and understanding to use our products safely.
- Understand – Identify everyone exhibiting higher-risk behaviors early in their risk journey.
- Support – Interact with more customers and give the right level of support to each.
Flutter’s CEO, Conor Grant.
“Safer gambling has always been a central part of our culture and colleagues from across the business are committed to the successful delivery of this ambitious strategy and making every moment safe for customers. Over the coming weeks, I will be providing further information on each of the pillars and why each is so important for our business. We will also be updating regularly against our progress, so stay tuned,” he concluded.