December 20, 2021
There were some massive prizes awarded at GGPoker this weekend thanks, in part, to the WSOPC Series that is taking place. Kevin Martin, a member of the GG Twitch Squad, narrowly missed out on securing a WSOP Circuit ring, but he did walk away with $207,178, which should go some way to making up for missing out.
Martin was one of 9,624 players who entered the $400 COLOSSUS event, a tournament that featured a $3,618,624 prize pool! The top 1,000 finishers reeled in at least $1,004 for their efforts, but the least any of the nine finalist could win was $36,842.
Hannes Speiser of Austria won that amount when his tournament ended abruptly in ninth place. Dutch grinder “Borpal” fell in eighth for $49,129 before Nick Maimone‘s elimination in seventh, which came with a $65,515 payout, reduced the player count further.
Sixth place and $87,366, the last five-figure prize of the tournament, went to Austria’s “chernis” before Aliaksei Boika busted in fifth for $116,505.
Win a Share of $10,000 Tournament Dollars EVERY WEEK with GGPoker
The race for the circuit ring and a colossal $368,421 top prize was now well and truly on. Unfortunately for Luis “CfOrTh3G0ldB” Dono, his race ended in a fourth place finish, although the $155,362 he collected will have gone some way to numb the pain.
It was at this point that Kevin Martin came unstuck, his epic deep run concluding in third place, which came with a $207,178 score, an almost perfect early Christmas present.
Martin’s exit left “dodiapa” and “O O L” heads-up for the title. There was no deal struck despite the difference between first and second place money being $98,000. This meant dodiapa walked away with $276,277 when they fell at the final hurdle, and O O L scooped the $368,421 top prize.
WSOPC Event #6: $400 COLOSSUS Final Table Results
|1||O O L||Croatia||$368,421|
|4||Luis “CfOrTh3G0ldB” Dono||Mexico||$155,362|
Fox Wins $25,500 Super High Roller For Almost $400K
Elio Fox saw his lifetime winnings boosted by an incredible $397,516 thanks to him triumphing in a $25,500 Super High Roller event. Sixty-two entries meant a $1,550,000 prize pool, with only eight players winning a slice of that ample pot.
Team GG’s Jason Koon was the first player to collect some cash; Koon scooped $67,489 after busting in eighth. David Yan of New Zealand was the next to fall, he helped himself to an $86,946 payout.
Everyone else was now guaranteed six figures and the pressure began mounting. Timothy Adams bowed out in sixth for $112,013 with Marius Gierse falling in fifth for $144,306, and Ami Barer netting $185,910 for his fourth place exit.
Isaac Haxton’s impressive run ended in a third-place finish worth $239,508, which left Lev “LevMeAlone” Gottlieb and Fox heads-up for the title. Fox defeated his final opponent to lay claim to the $397,516 top prize, resigning Gottlieb to a $308,559 consolation prize.
WSOPC Series: $25,500 Sunday Million Super High Roller Final Table Results
|2||Lev “LevMeAlone” Gottlieb||Mexico||$308,559|
|7||David Yan||New Zealand||$86,946|
Bad Beat Jackpot Pays Out More Than $1M in 24-Hours at GGPoker
Other Massive Scores From GGPoker Tournaments
Joni Jouhkimainen has been in top form for the past few months
- Marc “Face-O” Carola – first-place in the $1,050 GGMasters High Rollers for $150,928
- sinqularis – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $525 Bounty Hunters HR for $123,444*
- Jerome001 – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $5,250 Deepstack Sunday HR for $113,245
- Vyacheslav “SpaceInside” Zaslavsky – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $1,050 Sunday HR Main Event for $103,198
- pyryxoxo – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $5,250 Bounty Hunters Sunday HR for $91,421*
- Dante Fernandes – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $5,250 Sunday PLO HR for $71,129
- buzAv – first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $58,284
- quilmes – first-place in the GGMasters Bounty for $55,910*
- pyryxoxo – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $888 Crazy Eights for $55,031
- Gary “bebeloup” Hasson – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $250 Sunday Main Event for $54,925
- Mark Radoja – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $5,250 The Closer Sunday HR for $53,825
- Vlad-Stefan “HaiFanFan” Lache – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $5,250 Last Call Bounty Sunday HR for $48,845*
- Joni Jouhkimainen – first-place in the WSOPC Series: $1,050 Sunday PLO Main Event for $32,503
*includes bounty payments