The most notorious, alleged cheater in poker history has been invited to one of the largest poker platforms to speak his piece regarding the poker scandal that has torn the poker world apart for the last two years. Doug Polk is ready to let Mike Postle use his platform and explain himself.
In case you were living under a rock for the past two years, here’s a quick rundown of Postle’s cheating scandal.
- Veronica Brill brought Postle’s questionable play to attention in a series of tweets and discussed it with Stones Gambling Hall staff.
- The poker community banded together and delved into countless hours of footage and revealed a number of suspicious behaviors and plays.
- A lawsuit to the tune of $10 million was brought against Postle but eventually dismissed due to a legal technicality.
- Postle retaliated with a $330 million defamation lawsuit against Brill and eleven others. The judge eventually dropped the case.
- Brill and Todd Witteles were awarded over $55,000 after winning anti-SLAPP lawsuits against Postle.
- And most recently, Postle was hit with an involuntary bankruptcy order to recover the money owed to Brill and Witteles.
Doug Polk has “retired” and returned to the poker world numerous times over the last five or so years, but on a recent livestream on his YouTube channel he discussed yet another return. This article discusses his history of stepping away just to return to poker a few months later.
After beating Daniel Negreanu in a heads-up challenge earlier this year, Polk returned to making poker content on his YouTube channel as he’s done in the past. Due to recently getting married, there has been a lull in content from him this past month.
His most recent live stream discusses his return and some of the plans he has for his channel.
“It’s been a little bit,” Polk said in his late November podcast. “We just had a several week hiatus. I actually went out to the island of Maui and got married and went on my honeymoon in Bora Bora. I’ve been out of the mix.” At one point in the podcast, Polk and his team talked about Mike Postle and some of the recent developments, and Polk said he would have Postle on his podcast to discuss the situation. “I would love, love, to have Mike Postle as a guest of the podcast,” Polk said. “Postle, if you’re listening, just come on the pod, man. Everyone would love to hear you talk, we have a lot of things to discuss, [like] what’s going on with the legal situation.” According to Mike Brady, a member of Polk’s team, Postle and Polk did exchange direct messages when the situation was developing. Brady said Polk invited Postle on the podcast two years ago, but Postle was hesitant to join until he had counter evidence.
Whether Postle agrees to be a guest on the podcast is still up in the air, but some public comments from him would do him good in the long term.
If you have missed out on any of the drama surrounding Postle you can catch up below!
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill – The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle’s Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It’s Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
- Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award
- Mike Postle’s Ex-Wife Reveals All to Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle in Trouble as Court Rejects Legal Papers Ahead of Veronica Brill Hearing
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Awarded $27,000 Against Mike Postle in Anti-SLAPP Lawsuit Judgement
- Mike Postle on the Run and Facing Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Gets Court Extension in Bid to Avoid Bankruptcy over Poker-Related Debts
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Files New Motion in Bid to Avoid Involuntary Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Still Fighting to Dismiss Bankruptcy Motion
- Mike Postle Claims to Owe his Mum More Than $80k amid Bankruptcy Battle
- Mike Postle Tried to Enlist Two Other People to Help Him Cheat Claims Veronica Brill