The 2022 World Series of Poker (WSOP) doesn’t officially begin until May 31, but on Thursday, May 26 officials gave a first look by offering assorted media a tour of Bally’s and Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino as well as a press conference for virtual attendees.
Not only did the poker community get a look at the new home of the WSOP, they also received answers to several lingering questions including information on parking, registration, restaurants, and more.
Executive Director of WSOP Ty Stewart and Vice President of WSOP Jack Effel were joined by Jason Gregorec, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Paris Las Vegas, to lead a tour of the new tournament space. Additionally, longtime WSOP commentating duo Lon McEachern and Norman Chad starred in a video offering valuable information.
2022 World Series of Poker Hub
Bookmark this page! All you need to know about the 2022 WSOP is here.
Press Conference Highlights
At the press conference, this year’s WSOP gold bracelets were revealed, though not the one for the Main Event. Officials indicated that wouldn’t be ready until late June, but hinted that it was going to be extra special with some features they think players are going to love.
It was clear officials are expecting the 2022 WSOP to be the biggest yet, not only in terms of space and staff (they have 582 tables as of right now and over 1,000 dealers, both all-time highs), but in turnout as well. In fact, Stewart rarely goes on the record when speculating on such things, but in terms of the Main Event he stated that he would take the over on 8,774 players and followed it up by stating that he believes it could be the largest ever.
In addition to the Main Event, officials highlighted several events including the $500 Housewarming on opening weekend, the $1,000,000 Bounty Event on July 2 (which will awared bounties ranging from $1,000-$1 million starting on Day 2), and the Tournament of Champions, which will be open to all 2022 WSOP live and online bracelet winners as well as those who’ve captured rings on the WSOP Circuit between last year’s WSOP and this summer.
While the hope had been to have Bally’s rebranded as Horseshoe Las Vegas, that isn’t likely to happen in time for the 2022 WSOP with Gregorec indicating it’s more of “a very slow opening.” That said, it is expected the Horseshoe brand will work its way into the WSOP and property as the summer progresses. That includes Jack Binion Steakhouse scheduled to open June 8, and the Bally’s poker room closing later in the summer to be renovated into a Horseshoe WSOP poker room.
The 2022 WSOP gold bracelet.
Other highlights from the press conference included:
- Bracelet ceremonies will be held in the Paris Ballroom and akin to what we’ve come to expect.
- While certain tournaments may require 10-handed play due to large turnouts, tournament officials will be making a strong effort to make it 9-handed as often as possible.
- There will be more featured tables in the Bally’s Event Center that will play host to all bracelet event final tables. There will also be expanded spectator opportunities to offer more fanfare for special bracelet moments.
- Michigan and Pennsylvania will have their own segregated online bracelet events. Nevada, New Jersey, and Delaware will have the usual combined player pool events.
2022 WSOP Parking
Arguably the biggest question on the minds of poker players was the parking situation for the 2022 WSOP. There’s good news in that regard as a ton of info was shared to educate the masses.
There are two major parking facilities and valet services available to guests:
- Paris Las Vegas Parking Garage — Park here, walk the path, take the escalator and you will end up right next to the Paris Conference Center (where the Main WSOP Cage, cash games, and Day 1 tables are located)
- Bally’s Parking Lot (located directly behind Bally’s with access off either Koval Lane or Flamingo) – Park here, walk upstairs into the Bally’s Event Center (where all Final Tables, streaming and TV production, Day 2 and restart tables are located)
- Valet services will also be available at the main hotel entrances of both properties.
How Much Is It to Park?
|1 – 3 Hours||$15|
|3 – 24 Hours||$18|
|Over 24 hours per day||$18|
Locals with valid Nevada ID: Rates apply after the first 3 hours, excluding during event pricing
Caesars Rewards Platinum, Diamond, Seven Stars: Free
Rates on Friday and Saturday increase to $23/day for non-lodgers but remain at $18/day for hotel guests.
Reduced price weekly parking passes for extended stays are available for purchase at the WSOP Main Cage inside the Champagne Ballroom in Paris for $100, a 40% discount.
Caesars Rewards Credit Card: Free. Apply for free at the Caesars Rewards Desk inside Caesars Palace or Planet Hollywood.
Once You’re Here
Members of the media get a behind-the-scenes tour of the 2022 WSOP.
This year, instead of the Amazon and Pavilion rooms there are the Paris and Bally’s Paris Convention Center.
WSOP Main Cage
- Champagne Ballroom: Located in the Paris Convention Center “Le Centre des Conventions.” Safety deposit boxes, WSOP/ WSOP.com Tournament Account deposits/withdrawals and Payouts will be located here as well. Online Verification /Fastrac
- Burgundy Ballroom: Located in the Paris Convention Center
- WSOP Retail Store: Located in the Champagne Ballroom at the first entrance when you enter the Paris Convention Center hallway
WSOP Player Services Office
- Champagne Ballroom: Located across from the Paris Ballroom, adjacent to the WSOP Main Cage in the Paris Convention Center
- WSOP Caesars Rewards: Located at entrance of the Paris Convention Center at the Welcome Desk
- All Day 1 starts
- $10k and above bracelets – Day 1’s down to the Final Table
- King’s Lounge and Live Action
- Deepstacks, Mega Satellites and Single Table Satellites
Bally’s Event Center
- CBS feature TV tables
- Bally’s Grand Ballroom
- Day 2 restarts < $10K Buy-In
- All Final Tables
- Large Day 1 overflow
For more on the 2022 WSOP check out the PokerNews Hub here!
Executive Editor U.S.
Executive Editor US, PokerNews Podcast co-host & 2013 WSOP Bracelet Winner.