A colt by Mitole and a filly by the Factor were both purchased by D. J. Stable LLC for $210,000 to share honors at the top of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2022 Selected Sale of Yearlings.
Hip No. 122, a son of champion OBS graduate Mitole consigned by Bobby Jones Equine LLC, Agent, is a bay colt out of Eenie Meenie Miney, by Uncle Mo, a half sister to graded stakes winner Tableaux.
Hip No. 150, a bay filly by The Factor out of Honey Trap, by Medaglia d’Oro, consigned by Stuart Morris, Agent, is a half sister to OBS October/March graduate Delight, winner of Keeneland’s Grade 2 Jessamine Stakes last week.
– Hip No. 201, a son of Good Magic consigned by Bobby Jones Equine LLC, Agent, was sold to DILLIGAF, for $160,000. The chestnut colt, a half brother to graded stakes winning OBS graduate Sarah Sis, is out of Emerald Gal, by Gilded Time.
– CSV went to $155,000 for Hip No. 203, a son of Ghostzapper consigned by K P Sales, Agent for Westbury Stable. The chestnut colt is out of Hannahanna, by Malibu Moon, a half sister to graded stakes winner Silent Bird.
– Hip No. 100, a son of Awesome Slew consigned by Sue Vacek, Agent, was sold to Champion Equine LLC for $150,000. The bay colt, a half-brother to stakes-placed OBS graduate Reckling, is out of Cash Reserve, by Distorted Humor, a daughter of graded stakes winner Private Treasure.
– Hip No. 4, a son of OBS graduate Sharp Azteca consigned by Sweet River Thoroughbreds, went to Mathis Stable LLC for $130,000. The dark bay or brown colt is out of Peppermint Fire, by Sidney’s Candy, from the family of graded stakes placed stakes winner Madam Fireplace.
– Hip No. 30, a daughter of champion OBS graduate Mitole consigned by Abbie Road Farm (Lisa McGreevy), Agent, was sold to Classic Bloodstock for Gary Anderson for $125,000. The dark bay or brown filly is out of Sinister Siren, by Empire Maker, a half sister to stakes placed Unanimously, from the family of champion OBS graduate Delightful Mary.
– FMQ Stables went to $125,000 for Hip No. 66, a son of Not This Time consigned by Whitman Sales LLC, Agent. A half brother to graded stakes placed OBS graduate Scotland, the dark bay or brown colt is out of Varus, by Vicar, a half sister to stakes placed Cape Good Hope.
– Hip No. 137, a daughter of Mendelssohn also consigned by Whitman Sales LLC, Agent, was sold to R & E Bloodstock for $115,000. The dark bay or brown filly, a half sister to graded stakes winner Market Town, is out of Geographic, by Empire Maker, from the family of champion Slew O’ Gold.
– CSV went to $110,000 for Hip No. 144, a daughter of Mendelssohn consigned by Sennebec South Farm. The bay filly is out of Guise, by Exchange Rate, from the family of graded stakes winner Phoenix Tower.
– Hip No. 131, a son of OBS graduate Coal Front consigned by Kaizen Sales (Richard Kent), Agent for Spendthrift Farm, was purchased for $105,000 by Janice Geeding. The dark bay or brown colt is out of stakes placed Fairy Star (AUS), by More Than Ready, a half sister to Grade 1-placed Lizard Island.
– Hip No. 14, a daughter of OBS graduate Sharp Azteca consigned by Goldencents Thoroughbreds, Agent, was sold to de Meric Sales for $100,000. The dark bay or brown filly is out of Reign Suzanne, by Street Hero, a half-sister to graded stakes winning champion Academic.
– Hip No. 106, a daughter of Nyquist consigned by Beth Bayer, Agent, was sold for $100,000 to Dew Sweeper II. The chestnut filly is out of graded stakes placed stakes winner Citizen Advocate, by Proud Citizen, a half-sister to the dam of champion Caledonia Road.
For the Selected Yearling Sale, 125 horses sold for a total of $6,101,000 compared with 104 yearlings bringing $4,539,000 a year ago. The average price was $48,808, up 34 percent compared with $43,644 last year, while the median price was $40,000, rising 25 percent compared with $32,000 in 2021. The buyback percentage was 33.2 percent; it was 22.4 percent a year ago.
The sale continues Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. with Hip No.’s 251 – 684 selling in the Open session.
To view the session’s full results, click here.