Infamous poker cheat Mike Postle’s winning return to the game has been stymied by Veronica Brill, his $32,703 winnings frozen after the whistleblower who ended his livestreamed cheating shenanigans filed a lien to reclaim legal fees owed.
As we reported earlier this week, Postle – playing under a pseudonym in reports – cashed in the Beau Rivage Million Dollar Heater Main Event. The 44-year-old Sacramento-based player turned his $1200 buy-in into a 7th place finish as the poker community, including Brill, looked on in shock and bewilderment.
For those who somehow missed the entirety of ‘Postlegate’ there are links below to our coverage of the biggest scandal of the last decade.
To cut a long story shorter, Postle was accused of cheating, denied it, and tried to sue numerous people for defamation. Both Veronica Brill and Todd Witteles were among those, but when the $330million defamation case fell apart, they countersued Postle under anti-SLAPP legislation.
Postle owes Brill $27,745 and owes Witteles $26,982, which combined amounts to more than his comeback winnings. When Brill tweeted in indignation about Postle’s deep run, she was immediately contacted by a lawyer.
Rogen Chhabra wrote:
“I’m licensed in Mississippi and have an office in Harrison County. Just saw this, so not sure we could pull it together fast enough, but I’d be glad to enrol your judgment in Harrison County and serve garnishment on the Beau. No charge.”
Brill took him up on the freebie offer and then Todd Witteles followed suit, looking for his share of the most notorious poker cheat in history’s winnings.
“For those who forgot, I didn’t comment on Postle until a week after the story was already huge, and my coverage of it had no impact on his rep. He sued me anyway. We offered to not go after fees if he immediately dropped me from the case, and he refused. Time to #payup.” According to Poker.org’s Haley Hintze, the lawyer who defended Brill in Postle’s defamation lawsuit, Marc Randazza, “also assisted the garnishment-filing process by notifying MGM’s corporate offices about Postle’s pending Mississippi payday and the California court-fees order already existing against him.”
MGM, the owners of the Beau Rivage casino, have reportedly frozen Postle’s winnings, though it is as yet unclear who will eventually walk off with the money.
If you have missed out on any of the drama surrounding Postle you can catch up below!
- Sick Heater or Sick Cheater? StonesLive Player Under Suspicion
- Updates on Mike Postle Poker Cheating Scandal at StonesLive
- Mike Postle Denies Cheating Allegations On The Mouthpiece Podcast
- Is Mike Postle Really A Cheat?
- Mike Postle, Stones and Kuraitis Named in $10million Cheating Scandal Lawsuit
- Veronica Brill – The Real Hero Of The Stones Live Poker Cheating Scandal
- Has Matt Berkey Discovered The Postlegate Cheating Method?
- Is Jonathan Little Unfairly Cashing in on Postlegate Scandal?
- Top 5 Hands Mike Postle Allegedly Cheated On Stones Live Cash Game
- Postlegate Whistleblower Veronica Brill Reveals Inner Workings of Stones Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle Will Not Go To Jail Over Cheating Scandal
- Mike Postle In Hiding As $10Million Lawsuit Heads To Court
- Mike Postle’s Magazine Releases Anonymous Article Casting Doubt on Cheating Claims
- Anonymous Claims That Mike Postle Played At Other Casinos During Alleged Cheating Streak
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Finally Acknowledges $10million Lawsuit
- Another Delay in Mike Postle Cheating Case
- Stones Gambling Hall Asks for Postlegate Cheating Case to be Dismissed
- Mike Postle Files Response in Poker-Cheating Case
- New Defense Briefs and Alleged Victims Lawsuits Filed as Postlegate Continues
- Second Lawsuit Filed Over Mike Postle Poker Cheating Allegations
- Mike Postle Amends Dismissal Motion in Poker Cheating Case
- Plaintiffs Seek Sanctions Against Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle
- Mike Postle Accused of Dodging Legal Service in Second Poker Cheating Case
- Mike Postle Cheating Lawsuit: Plaintiffs File Response to Stones’ Denial of Responsibility
- Stones Gambling Hall, Kings Casino File Amended Motions to Dismiss Postlegate Lawsuit
- Shock as Mike Postle Cheating Case Dismissed by Judge
- Mike Postle Fights to Dismiss Nevada Cheating Lawsuit by Marle Cordeiro
- Settlement Talks Disclosed Between Stones Gambling Hall, Alleged Cheating Victims
- Veronica Brill Shocked by Postlegate Netflix Documentary Claims
- Nevada-based Lawsuit Against Mike Postle Dismissed For Lack of Jurisdiction
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Not Among 60 Players Who Accept Settlement in Postlegate Scandal
- Mike Postle and Justin Kuraitis Speak Out as Mac Verstandig Admits No Forensic Evidence of Cheating
- Poker Pros Trash Justin Kuraitis Pro-Postle Statement
- Postlegate $40,000 Payoff More Than Lawsuit ‘Rake’ Damages
- Bart Hanson Dissects New Postlegate Hands as Justin Kuraitis Sets Twitter Alight
- Mike Postle Movie Producer Promises It’s Not Just An Innocence Film
- Justin Kuraitis Goes Quiet On Twitter Following Postlegate Backlash
- Mike Postle Launches $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Brill, Negreanu, Ingram and Others
- Veronica Brill Launches GoFundMe Campaign for Mike Postle Libel Lawsuit Legal Fees
- Inside Mike Postle’s $330million Defamation Conspiracy Lawsuit: Who He Is Suing And Why
- Todd Witteles Hires Beverly Hills Lawyer to Defend Against Mike Postle Accusations
- Mike Postle’s Attorney Files Motion to Exit Case, Citing Compliance and Communication Failures
- Todd Witteles to File Frivolous-Lawsuit Claim in Mike Postle Libel Case
- February Hearings Approach for Anti-SLAPP Motions in Mike Postle Libel Lawsut
- Mike Postle’s Internet Trolls Disappear Along with Alleged Cheat
- Mike Postle Files For Second Continuation, Todd Witteles Files Opposing Motion
- Mike Postle Granted Second Continuance in $330 Million Libel Case
- Mike Postle Case Update: HONR Network Clarifies Involvement
- Mike Postle Case Update: Veronica Brill Defense Attorney Marc Randazza Provides Statement on HONR Network Involvement
- Mike Postle Drops $330million Defamation Lawsuit Against Whistleblower Veronica Brill
- Todd Witteles Chases Mike Postle for $43,000 in Legal Fees
- Veronica Brill Chasing Mike Postle for Legal Fees
- Judge Orders Mike Postle to Pay $27,000 in Anti-SLAPP Ruling
- Mike Postle Appears in Court via Zoom to Argue Against Legal Costs Award
- Mike Postle’s Ex-Wife Reveals All to Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle in Trouble as Court Rejects Legal Papers Ahead of Veronica Brill Hearing
- Whistleblower Veronica Brill Awarded $27,000 Against Mike Postle in Anti-SLAPP Lawsuit Judgement
- Mike Postle on the Run and Facing Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Gets Court Extension in Bid to Avoid Bankruptcy over Poker-Related Debts
- Alleged Poker Cheat Mike Postle Files New Motion in Bid to Avoid Involuntary Bankruptcy
- Mike Postle Still Fighting to Dismiss Bankruptcy Motion
- Mike Postle Claims to Owe his Mum More Than $80k amid Bankruptcy Battle
- Mike Postle Tried to Enlist Two Other People to Help Him Cheat Claims Veronica Brill
- Mike Postle Invited To Doug Polk’s Podcast Return
- Settlement Reached in Mike Postle Involuntary Bankruptcy Case
- Mike Postle Returns: Accused Cheater Shocks Poker Scene with Pseudonym at $500,000 GTD Beau Rivage Event
Did you like this article?