Zozos works Friday morning at Churchill Downs
Two more Kentucky Derby contenders have found their partners for the Run for the Roses.
Trainer Brad Cox revealed to the Daily Racing Form on Monday that Zozos, runner-up in the Grade 2 Louisiana Derby in his most recent start, will be handled by Manny Franco.
Classic Causeway, who rejoined the field for the Kentucky Derby on Monday, will be piloted by Julien Lepearoux for trainer Brian Lynch, reports DRF.
The full list of probable Kentucky Derby jockeys is as follows (listed in order of points earned/preference for Derby field):
- Epicenter – Joel Rosario
- Zandon – Flavien Prat
- White Abarrio – Tyler Gaffalione
- Mo Donegal – Irad Ortiz, Jr.
- Tiz the Bomb – Brian Hernandez, Jr.
- Cyberknife – Florent Geroux
- Crown Pride – Christophe Lemaire
- Taiba – Mike Smith
- Simplification – Jose Ortiz
- Smile Happy – Corey Lanerie
- Classic Causeway – Julien Leparoux
- Tawny Port – (TBD)
- Barber Road – Reylu Gutierrez
- Un Ojo – Ramon Vazquez
- Early Voting – (TBD)
- Messier – John Velazquez
- Zozos – Manny Franco
- Summer Is Tomorrow – Mickael Barzalona
- Charge It – Luis Saez
- Happy Jack – Rafael Bejarano
- (AE) Pioneer of Medina – (TBD)
- (AE) In Due Time – (TBD)